Accounts Payable Specialist
Page Loading...The Accounts Payable Specialist seeks to bring value to our customers by ensuring that payables are competently and promptly processed so that materials and services flow seamlessly from the vendor to the customer, and ensuring that direct invoices reach customers accurately and promptly.
The successful candidate is someone who has a love for numbers and is eager to enhance their accounting skills while joining a growing accounting team. Attention to detail, timeliness, and accuracy are critical. It is a fast-paced position that requires proficient task-switching. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
This is a key accounting position requiring accountability, good judgment, and strong communication skills. The position reports directly to the Controller. You will be responsible for tasks such as, receiving, verifying, processing, coding, and reconciling invoices. In addition, you will work directly with vendors and internal departments to resolve purchase orders, contracts, invoices, and payment discrepancies.
- Reviews and processes payments to assigned vendors and other creditors related to inventory/product purchases, and overhead expenses, ensuring that all invoices received by the monthly cut-off date are processed within that month.
- Reviews and processes daily electronic invoices received via EDI as assigned.
- Reviews and processes each week customer invoices as they relate to direct ship product purchases.
- Resolves pricing and quantity discrepancies promptly by working with purchasing and receiving team members, and ensures that outstanding issues are documented and resolved by month-end.
- Corresponds directly with vendors to resolve outstanding statement balances promptly.
- High school diploma; Associate degree preferred with knowledge of accounting
- 3+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience, preferred
- Recent AP background working specifically with ERP systems
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Math proficiency including calculations of discounts and percentage of completion
- Valid driver?s license required.