Accounts Receivable Specialist
Page Loading...The Accounts Receivable Specialist seeks to bring value to our customers by ensuring that their orders are billed accurately and subsequent payments are applied correctly.
A successful candidate is someone who has a love for numbers and is eager to enhance their accounting skills while joining a growing accounting team. Attention to detail, timeliness, and accuracy is critical. It is a fast-paced position that requires proficient task-switching. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
This is a key accounting position requiring accountability, good judgment, and strong communication skills. The position reports directly to the Controller. You will be responsible for tasks such as, processing daily cash applications, sales tax adjustments, month-end cash applications, and recording weekly cash deposits. In addition, you will work directly with customers and internal departments to resolve any discrepancies or concerns.
- Process daily cash application of customer payments, and prepare daily bank deposits via Remote Capture (bank software).
- Prepare and record weekly cash deposits at the bank.
- Process all sales tax adjustments for customers who have tax exemption corrections.
- Process daily billing adjustments to web orders, e.g., Refunds, freight add-on, quantity changes, etc.
- Process weekly customer invoicing for all branches.
- Process month-end cash applications and prepare month-end customer statements for mailing.
- Place AR calls on non-delinquent accounts following up on unpaid invoices.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email or phone, promptly and professionally.
- Serve as the 2nd in-line to answer phones, call additional counter support when needed.
- High school diploma; Associate degree preferred with knowledge of accounting
- 3-5 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience, preferred
- Recent AR background working specifically with ERP systems
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Math proficiency including calculations of discounts and percentage of completion
- Valid driver?s license required.