Page Loading...Are you an experienced accounting professional looking for an opportunity to work for an established and growing family-owned business leading the charge in electrical distribution? Gordon Electric Supply is looking for a Controller and you just might be the perfect fit!
Whom we need:
The Controller creates value for our customers by ensuring that all accounting functions are performed timely, efficiently, and accurately. This person will have a strong understanding of accounting processes, the ability to lead their team and be very proficient in analyzing data for accuracy. The ideal candidate is comfortable holding people accountable and appreciates being responsible for managing their teams. While the role commands a level of independent thinking, a successful controller is someone who wants to be part of a team and work with a variety of employees as various projects arise.
What you?ll do:
This leadership position requires accountability, good judgment, and strong communication skills. The position reports directly to the CFO. You will be responsible for tasks such as providing leadership to your team and overseeing the monthly financial statement process. In addition, you will ensure accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality are all exemplified daily throughout the accounting department.
- Manage accounts receivable department including invoicing, cash applications, customer credit, and collections
- Manage accounts payable department including EDI and credit card transactions.
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial statement package
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and perform financial variance analysis
- Review accounting systems and processes and recommend improvements to maximize efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage payroll processes
- Lead public accounting firm?s annual financial review and tax return preparation.
- Ensure that governmental filings are completed accurately and timely.
- Manage bank and credit card accounts to ensure the efficiency of operations and maximum benefit.
- Ensure corporate records are controlled and maintained.
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with an emphasis in accounting, or a related field required
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience required
- 3+ years of supervisory experience required
- Valid driver?s license required.