Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate (Kankakee, IL)
Page Loading...ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate creates value for our customers by delivering orders to customers courteously, accurately, and promptly in accordance with the customer’s needs. The driver protects assets and profitability of the company by prudently operating company vehicles, using efficient routes, and ensuring accurate and proper placement of delivered material. The driver supports the warehouse team when not on deliveries.
• Daily delivery of packages, cartons, and pallets, verifying accuracy, following route as directed by coordinator or supervisor.
• Load and unload truck, verifying accuracy, protecting the material and personal safety, and placing material where specified by the customer.
• Interact with customers in a friendly, respectful manner ensuring that concerns and comments are immediately addressed or are relayed to his or her supervisor.
• Safely operate delivery vehicles, including trucks requiring Class B license, throughout the company territory.
• Maintain proper paperwork ensuring that deliveries are properly documented.
• Perform warehouse functions including use of forklift truck as needed.
• Courteous, defensive driving
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Attitude of accountability
• Reliable attendance
Education, Experience, Credentials
• Class B driver’s license, required
• Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
• Post high school education preferred