Delivery Driver / Warehouse Worker (Mokena, IL)
Great opportunity for stable, long-term employment and advancement with a growing, family-owned company. A physically active, dependable, customer-service oriented person with a good driving record is needed to join an energetic, upbeat team. This is an important position requiring accountability and a friendly, helpful attitude. Competitive pay and full benefits.
The delivery driver is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely delivery, loading, unloading and securing material for customers at jobsites and commercial/industrial locations. In addition, there are pick-ups at vendor locations in Chicago. Route destinations change daily within approximately a 40-mile radius of Mokena and include many destinations for delivery and pickup within the Chicago metro area. Our delivery vehicles include vans, box trucks, and a stake-bed truck.
The duties of the warehouse associate include shipping, receiving, stocking and inventory control. Over time, the successful candidate will learn how to assist customers at the counter and on the phone. We are seeking someone with long-term aspirations for career growth, who is a good team player, accurately follows procedures, and loves to learn and contribute.
You will learn the electrical supply business from the ground up. Opportunities are available to move into counter and inside/outside sales positions. We provide multiple training opportunities.
- Daily delivery of packages, cartons, and pallets, verifying accuracy
- Loading and unloading truck
- Interacting with customers to provide outstanding service
- Safely operating delivery vehicles, including mid-size box truck requiring Class C license, throughout Chicago metro area
- Maintaining proper paperwork and delivery schedule
- Performing warehouse functions including use of forklift truck
- Clean driving record
- Class C driver’s license preferred
- Customer-service orientation
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- Pass background investigation
- Post high school education preferred
- Courteous, defensive driving
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Attitude of accountability
- Reliable attendance
The Company - Family-owned, Team-oriented
Gordon Electric Supply is a premier distributor of electrical supplies and energy- efficient products, far out-pacing the industry in growth and innovative marketing. We have been recognized 6 times in recent years as the Distributor of the Year by IMARK, the industry’s #1 marketing and buying group. As a family-owned business for over 65 years, we create value for our customers through reliability and integrity. We are a people-centered company where teamwork is essential, and team members are encouraged to develop their talents and make a difference. Learn more about us at: www.gordonelectricsupply.com.
We are offering a competitive salary, based on education, experience, and skills. We also have a full benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, life, and a 401k plan.
Please send us your resume and salary expectations. Alternatively, you may come into the store to fill out an application. We look forward to hearing from you!