Account Management Intern
Page Loading...This position is for a qualified Account Management Intern to become acquainted with the challenges and rewards of relationship-based sales, including developing and servicing B2B customers, learning about electrical products, warehousing, and distribution, and assisting with quotations, project management, and problem-solving to meet customer needs. Gordon’s traditional business channels are electrical, construction professionals, manufacturers, engineers, institutions, and large facilities. Interns will also be introduced to vendor and customer negotiation.
The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic, family-business, and customer-focused culture. That person will gain hands-on experience working in the warehouse, with the inside/counter sales team, and shadowing outside account managers under the guidance of an internship supervisor and other members of our team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn the fundamentals of conducting professional sales calls with knowledgeable and responsive interactions.
- Learn the fundamentals of customer and vendor negotiation related to customer projects.
- Assist with project-sales support, preparation of construction bids, and counter sales.
- Participate with skilled account managers on activities to qualify and develop new prospects.
- Participate in call reports and other communications between account managers and higher-level management.
- Work approximately 4 hours per day in the warehouse, learning inventory control and order fulfillment by packing, loading, and unloading electrical products.
- Learn to provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers.
- Attend sales meetings and engage in training to learn about new products and developments.
- Strong desire to develop sales competency and build a limitless sales career.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Enthusiastic, resilient character and assertive personality is required.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Quick, proficient decision-making skills.
- Ability to be analytical and exercise problem-solving skills.
- Competent with Excel.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure.
Education, Experience, Credentials
- Sales, Business, Marketing, or Communications major.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
- Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to the office and warehouse environments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world activities.
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales realm including warehouse operations.
- Collaborate with experienced and talented sales professionals.
- Work closely with a mentor.
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking activities.
- Entry-level compensation
- Dress code: Gordon supplied t-shirts polo or sweatshirt, dark-colored jeans, work boots.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm (hour unpaid lunch).
- Duration of Internship: 2-3 months
- Potential for additional employment during the school year
Application process: Send resume to Sheri Ritchie, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org