The Office Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, but primarily answers a high-volume multi-line phone system. Responsible for managing multiple tasks at once while providing reliable and responsive assistance to customers as well as employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer phones in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate persons typically by the 3rd ring.
2. Page counter staff to the store front when customers walk-in.
3. Monitor office supplies; order and re-stock as needed.
4. Prepare necessary paperwork to begin credit application process for potential customers
5. Complete various clerical duties as assigned.
6. Remain current on all required trainings as mandated by Gordon Electric Supply.
7. Perform other job and work-related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
• Communication is professional and polite at all times.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work under intermittently heavy stress and pressure.
• Experience with office equipment including computers, multi-line phones, fax machines, photocopiers required.
Education, Experience, Credentials
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• 1-2 years of reception/office experience preferred.
• Very comfortable with Microsoft Suite products, specifically Excel.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to an office environment.
• Infrequent lifting of no more than 30 pounds.