Procurement and Materials Coordinator
To better control total company inventory investment for maximum value by managing inventory accuracy, coordinating the disposition of returns into the warehouse and to vendors from customers and stock, analyzing and managing stocking levels, and purchasing assigned lines. This position serves to create the highest levels of customer service within parameters established by the Materials Manager and General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure established procedures are followed to return inventory to vendors or stock on a timely basis. Make recommendations to Purchasing manager for changes in procedure, if appropriate.
• Coordinate with the branch Operations Managers and develop an understanding of how to evaluate the appropriate disposition of returned items. Ensure all returns are immediately placed in stock, or are returned to vendor or scrapped within one quarter of receipt.
• Ensure cycle count schedules are followed, coordinating with branch Operations Managers and assisting with cycle counts as needed. Research discrepancies. Recommend changes to reduce inventory losses and mistakes.
• Become proficient developing reports to analyze inventory and make recommendations to improve service levels and to add items to stock.
• Learn Eclipse procurement and forecasting options and settings to make recommendations to improve and further automate the purchasing system.
• Develop solid relationships with suppliers to ensure mutual support and assistance as needed.
• Learn the receiving process and become proficient.
• Develop and implement special operations-related projects as assigned.
• Purchase assigned lines to meet customer needs.
• Embrace and exhibit the core values of the Company.
• Remain current on all required trainings as mandated by Gordon Electric Supply.
• Perform other job and work-related responsibilities, tasks and projects as needed.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing – is comfortable and effective in negotiating with vendors.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Quick, proficient decision-making skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Excel.
• Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure.
• Ability to foster teamwork and obtain buy-in.
Education, Experience, Credentials
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration in supply chain management, business, operations or related field.
• Minimum 3 years of business experience with 1 year of purchasing experience required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Bending, twisting and reaching conducive to an office environment.
• Infrequent lifting of more than 30 pounds.