Returns and Procurement Coordinator
Page Loading...WHO WE ARE - COMPANY OVERVIEW
Gordon Electric Supply is a premier distributor of electrical supplies and energy-efficient products, far out-pacing the industry in growth and innovative marketing. We have been recognized six times in recent years as the Distributor of the Year by IMARK, the industry's #1 marketing and buying group. As a family-owned business for over 60 years, we create value for our customers through reliability, teamwork, resourcefulness and compassion. We are a people-centered company where teamwork is essential, and team members are encouraged to develop their talents and make a difference.
Gordon is a sophisticated family business embracing new technologies and opportunities. Teamwork and interdependency are a critical part of our success.
RETURNS & PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR - Kankakee, IL / Mokena, IL
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To better control total company inventory investment for maximum value by managing inventory accuracy, coordinating the disposition of returns into the warehouse and to vendors from customers and stock, analyzing and managing stocking levels, and purchasing assigned lines. This position is an entry-level position and serves to create the highest levels of customer service within parameters established by the Purchasing and Materials Manager and the General Manager.This position will start off working in our Kankakee, IL location, however, the incumbent will then transfer to our Mokena, IL location.
- Ensure established procedures are followed to return inventory to vendors or stock on a timely basis. Make recommendations to Purchasing manager for changes in procedure, if appropriate.
- Coordinate with the branch Operations Managers and develop an understanding of how to evaluate the appropriate disposition of returned items. Ensure all returns are immediately placed in stock, or are returned to the vendor or scrapped within one quarter of receipt.
- Ensure cycle count schedules are followed, coordinating with branch Operations Managers and assisting with cycle counts as needed. Research discrepancies. Recommend changes to reduce inventory losses and mistakes.
- Become proficient in developing reports to analyze inventory and make recommendations to improve service levels and to add items to stock.
- Learn Eclipse procurement and forecasting options and settings to make recommendations to improve and further automate the purchasing system.
- Develop solid relationships with suppliers to ensure mutual support and assistance as needed.
- Learn the receiving process and become proficient.
- Develop and implement special operations-related projects as assigned.
- Purchase assigned lines to meet customer needs.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing - is comfortable and effective in negotiating with vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Quick, proficient decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Excel.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to foster teamwork and obtain buy-in.
Education, Experience, Credentials
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a concentration in supply chain management, business, operations or related field.
- 1- year of purchasing experience required.
- Valid driver's license required.
Interested candidates may send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!