Warehouse Associate / Delivery Driver (Kankakee, IL)
Page Loading...ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Warehouse Associates are responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock and other. They will serve as backup for any deliveries that are needed as well.
• Receive and track shipments
• Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
• Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
• Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
• Tag and label merchandise
• Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
• Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
• Prepare all orders for shipment
• Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
• Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
• Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
• Daily delivery of packages, cartons, and pallets, verifying accuracy, following route as directed by coordinator or supervisor.
• Safely operate delivery vehicles throughout the company territory.
• Courteous, defensive driving
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Attitude of accountability
• Reliable attendance
Education, Experience, Credentials
• Class B driver’s license, preferred
• Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
• Post high school education preferred